The every-growing library is a vast sea of information for young minds. Innumerable text books, reference, journals and periodicals make for interesting reading. To add to it, there's Internet facility for online search that brings the world of information to the students. The library regularly subscribes periodicals related to pharmaceutical sciences.
- Total number of Books available= 10060
- Title of Books available=1206
- Volume of Books available = 8854
- Number of International & national journals =13+13=26
- Number of Magazines and newspaper = 05 + 06 = 11
- Number of E-journals = 10
- Number of CD available= 70
- The library is kept open from 8.00 a.m to 6.00 p.m on all working days
- Our library is completely computerized and automation of all its operations
- "Books are for use and not Preservation" With this dictum our Library functions. Hence the Open Access followed
- Loan of books to members is through Identify Cards with Bar-Coding..
- A convenient spacious reading area with 60 seating capacity is available within the library
- Separate sections for text books, reference books, Journals, Periodicals, Back volumes, Project reports with Internet access available.
Students should strictly adhere with following rules while they are in the library.
- Students should enter their name and sign the entry register kept at the entrance before entering the library.
- Students should maintain silence and decorum in the library.
- No bags, personal books or notebooks will be allowed in the library. A single sheet of paper, however, can be used for taking notes.
- Students should not wear apron in the library.
- 2 books can be borrowed at a time for a period of 14 days. Borrowed books should be returned on or before the due date. If a book is not returned within the stipulated time, a fine of Rs. 10/- per day will be charged.
- The student will be held responsible for any damage to the borrowed books.
- If an issued book is lost by the student, then the same should be replaced with the latest edition.
- The "No dues certificate" will be issued only after returning all the borrowed books and clearing the fine amount, if any.
There are different laboratories available with adequate sets of equipments and apparatus, where all the students in a practical class can simultaneously perform the same experiment. A sophisticated instrumentation laboratory with UV, rotary tablet punching machine, Tablet coating machine, , Brookfield's Viscometer, Disintegration and Dissolution test apparatu, analytical HPLC, and spray dryer is available for teaching and research activities.
Our postgraduate students are also doing research projects in the development of newer formulations such as, Pulsatile drug delivery systems, floating tablets, orodispersible tablet, formulations for brain targeting, isolation and evaluation of pharmaceutical excipients from naturals sources, transdermal patches, tablets etc.
It's equipped with audiovisual equipment like slide and film projectors, OHP's, Video projectors and Cameras, TV's VCR's, LCD, Built-in Audio system and public address systems with cordless microphones.
A centralized animal house with air-conditioned facility approved by Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA), New Delhi is available for experimentation of laboratory animals. The animal house facility is available to boost the teaching, training and research facilities and to meet the growing demand for high quality laboratory animals in emergent field of Experimental Pharmacology. Qualified veterinarians and technical personnel are always at hand to help carry out research and keep it in accordance with the standards established by the Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA).
Medicinal plants have a great role in human life and India has rich diversity of medicinal plants. About 90% of herbs are used in manufacturing of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy medicines.
In our College of Pharmacy we have established an arboretum of medicinal. The objective of establishing this garden is to maintain a conservatory of the most common and important species of medicinal and aromatic plants which are being used in day-to-day primary health care. All the plant species were authentically identified by expert taxonomists, labelled and in many cases their therapeutic values in curing different diseases are also highlighted.
The Students' hostel is well furnished and comfortable with adequate facilities and is indeed an ideal place to stay and study.
Separate hostels for boys and girls are available with all the requisite facilities. Serene and secure, the hostels have been designed to recreate a home-like atmosphere for the students. A resident warden is available round the clock to ensure that the students' requirements are met as well as to maintain the decorum. Medical attention is also instantly made available. For recreation, there are indoor and outdoor games as well as television.